Monday, August 2, 2010

Letter to Advisory Council for Human Rights

Advisory Council for Human Rights
To President, Convener, Annette Lu
Presidential Palace
Taipei

27 September 2001

To the Honorable Members of the Advisory Council for Human Rights,

I wish to bring to your attention rights violations at National Cheng
Kung University in Tainan.
After two years contesting my dismissal from that university, I won on
appeal to the Ministry of Education Appeal Committee, which issued a
strongly worded statement listing rights violations committed by university
officials. But the university refuses to issue the contract.
In addition, university committees, in defiance of the Ministry
decision, continue to convene to "investigate" me. In light of the Ministry
decision, these committees are really "legal fictions,"
intended to harass and humiliate me and finally induce my resignation from
the university.
Trusting in Taiwan democracy, I renewed my visa countless times, taking
costly trips outside the country; I depleted my savings, and I lost years of
my professional career on appeals, knowing laws were on my side. But after
years of trusting in the law, the university refuses to honor the law,
although the Ministry of Education has issued several additional warnings to
do so.
Please help to effect a just resolution to this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment